In this technologically advanced era, having a social media presence is crucial in order for businesses to thrive. Since so much of a business’s marketing is done online, having and maintaining social media accounts is quickly becoming the norm.
While maintaining social media accounts may seem simple enough, there are a few things you may be doing that can actually have a negative impact on your business.
Here are 5 negative social media habits to be aware of:
1. Posting too frequently: For some, it may seem beneficial to post frequently on your business’s social media accounts. After all, isn’t this what social media is for? The answer is, ‘no.’ Posting too frequently can actually harm your business, as your posts may become monotonous and you lose credibility. In some cases, your posts may even be considered as spam, which is never a good thing.
2. Be selective in who you follow: Though it may be tempting to ‘like’ every post and follow people who have liked your page, this is a waste of your time. Be selective in who you follow. This will ensure you’re not attracting an audience that will not benefit your business, and save you a huge amount of time.
3. Posting irrelevant material: Posting some content that is mildly humorous, but still applies to your business category, is okay. On the other hand, don’t post meaningless material that takes away the importance of your other posts, as they will all be ignored. This is just as important as posting too much.
4. Don’t lash out: Over time, most businesses will receive negative, or even harsh, feedback. While it may be tempting to respond to these posts, take the high road and avoid them. Respond to those who have legitimate concerns and ignore all of the others.
5. Posting automated: Potential clients want to see there is a human behind your posts. Having automated content will only make your business appear as cold and unrelatable. In order to attract clients, always make sure your posts are humanised.